Monday, May 25, 2009

First post and an introduction

Hello everyone, my nickname is PlutoNick. I am from Greece, Athens (that’s also my official excuse for any weird syntax or grammar errors or even the occasional Souvlaki reference). I am 33 years old and this is my first blog, ever.

Recently (well, one year ago) I got interested in Warhammer 40k and decided to take the plunge and invest in a Space Marine army as my first WH40k army. That was an idea I was courting with since my college years. I had already decided to buy the Assault on Black Reach starter set, so it was either a Space Marines or an Orks Army. I chose Space Marines since they are both easy to play and easy to paint. Also, you need less models to make an army, in comparison to other factions, which means less money to spent.

While researching some painting guides on the net, I came across a couple of very interesting blogs and I thought it would be nice to make a journal of my journey into the rich world that Games Workshop has created. I am planning on writing about and documenting my first warhammer 40k painting attempts, discussing my mistakes and hopefully learning from them, talking about 40k wargaming/tactical elements (although this will be postponed until I manage to finish my first army - ultramarines), and also talking about the Greek Wargaming Scene, and by Greek Wargaming Scene I am referring to the approximately 20-30 people that play Warhammer Fantasy (and 40k to a lesser extend). Yeah, it’s going to be a riot.

More posts after I finish setting about this blog page.

No comments:

Post a Comment